Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 6:00 a.m.. - 2:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m..
Emergency Phone Numbers & E-Mail address:
Dispatcher - 786-2958
Office - 786-2955
Nights/Weekends/Holidays - 786-2956
Fax - 786-2934
E-Mail address - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town Of Union Highway Dept. has a staff of 40 people responsible
for providing the following services:
- Fleet management of over 160 vehicles.
- Street paving and reconstruction.
- Cleaning and repairing catch basins.
- Traffic signal and sign maintenance.
- Beginning the 2nd full week of April until the
end of June, tree limbs from minor trimming or storm damage with a
diameter between 2" - 6" stacked neatly with the larger
end facing the street can be chipped by calling 786-2958.
Fall chipping will commence the first full week of September and run
until the 1st week of October.
NOTE: Chipping is provided as a courtesy and
we only allow approximately 5 minutes per stop.
The following will not be chipped:
- Any tree take down by homeowner or
- Any trees/branches from land or lot clearing.
- Tree or shrub roots or any logs larger than
- Any branches less than 2" in diameter,
must be tied in a manageable bundle, no longer than 6' in length,
weighing no more than 50 lbs., this will be collected by the
Refuse Dept. as yardwaste (see Refuse Dept. web page for