General Info | Building Permit | Building Permit Denials | Building Permit Fees
Electrical Permits | Excavation Permits | Certificates of Occupancy | Fire/Safety Inspections
Sign Permits | Junk Vehicles | Weeds & Tall Grass | Fences | Snow Regulations
Housing/Property Maintenance | NYS Open Burning Regulations | Swimming Pools, Spas & Hot Tubs | Tents

Permits / Code Enforcement / Zoning


Contact Information

Office Hours: Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Telephone: 786-2920 
           Fax: 786-2320 

To view the entire CODE OF THE TOWN OF UNION (click here)


Click here for Building Permit Application

Click here for Sign Application

Click here for Fireworks Permit Application

Click here for Tent Application

Click here for Zoning Compliance Request Application

Click here forTown of Union ZBA Application

Click here for Village of Johnson City Code

Click here for Johnson City Plumbing Permit Application

Click here for Johnson City Electrical Permit Application

Click here for Johnson City Building Permit Application

Click here for Johnson City Sign Permit Application

Click here for Johnson City Tent Application

Rules for posting Political Signs.

Asbestos Testing Information

Notice of Emergency Rule Adoption Effective June 27, 2015


Building Official

Daria Golazeski

Buildings & Code Inspector

Gary Post

Buildings & Code Inspector

Ken Jennison

Municipal Fire Code Inspector

James Wallace

Municipal Fire Code Inspector

Anthony Silvestri

Municipal Fire Code Inspector
Derek Waddell
Municipal Fire Code Inspector
Jillian Stout
Code Enforcement Officer David Conklin
Secretary Tina Bidwell


Welcome to the Town of Union Permits/Code Enforcement Department. Staff will make every effort to extend our assistance to provide efficient service. The Permits/Code Enforcement Department is responsible for the enforcement of the Town of Union & Village of Johnson City Zoning Ordinances, the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code, local laws and ordinances, and the Flood Damage Prevention Local Law.

Staff issues building permits, sewer and water permits, junk vehicle permits. Each of these procedures will be detailed under the appropriate heading. Please realize that this is a brief summary of the major items and therefore there are generalizations. Staff is available to answer specific questions or concerns that you may have.