Refuse is collected once each week on a designated collection day. Pick-up begins at 6:00 AM. To be serviced, the garbage container must be out behind the curb by 6:00 AM on collection day. Refuse shall be placed in cans (maximum 33 gal.) with handles and unattached lids, no more than six (6) cans per parcel and not weighing more than fifty pounds each. Residential properties of six or more units are not covered by this service.
- Only one stop per parcel.
- Bulk items (e.g., household furniture, bedding and mattresses, etc.) may also be placed at the curb for collection.
- White goods, (e.g., refrigerators, stoves, etc.) will be picked separately. White goods pick up should be requested by phoning 786-2980. State law requires all doors be removed from refrigerators and freezers.
- Auto parts, including tires are not collected.
- Furnaces are not collected
- Carpeting will be collected. It must be tied in bundles, no longer than 6 feet, no heavier than 50 lbs.
How the service is obtained
The service is automatically provided. pdf Map of Collection Areas
Refuse collection is financed by a user fee that is included on the property tax bill.
Inquiries or Concerns
Individuals with concerns about residential refuse collection may call the Office at 786-2980.