The Town of Union Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program Waiting List opened Monday, February 8, 2016 and will be open until further notice. Pre-applications are available online. To apply Click Here.
For a guide with instructions on how to nagivate the WaitListCheck pre-application system click here.
If you are in need of free Internet locations or require assistance submitting your pre-application you may:
- Contact the Your Home Public Library, 107 Main Street, Johnson City, NY 13790 at (607) 797-4816
- Contact the George F. Johnson Memorial Library, 1001 Park Street, Endicott, NY 13760 at (607) 757-5350
- Contact the Town of Union Section 8 Office at (607) 786-2985 and set up an appointment to complete your pre-application with a caseworker on a town owned device
The Town of Union's online WaitListCheck page offers the following services: 1) Update your contact information; 2) Update family members; 3) Search rentals; 4) Send documents; 5) Message/contact agency; 6) View Waiting List status.
The Town of Union utilizes a Local Preference system for determining waiting list placement. For the purposes of the Local Preference for the Housing Choice Voucher program, the Town of Union includes the following communities:
- Endwell (including part-town areas commonly referred to as Westover, Choconut Center, Fairmont Park, West Corners)
- Endicott (including the Village of Endicott)
- Johnson City (including the Village of Johnson City)
- Town of Vestal
Please note that if you do not qualify for a Local Preference, it is unlikely that your name will ever reach the top of the waiting list.
For applicants qualifying for the highest Local Preference category, the waiting period for assistance is currently a minimum of 36 months or more from the date that your complete application is received.
If you have questions, you may contact the office Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM: Town Hall, 3111 E. Main St., Endwell, NY, (607) 786-2985.