Please see below for the Marriage License Requirements:
- There is a 24 hour waiting period from the time you apply for the license until you may be married.
- License is valid for 60 days, beginning the day after it is issued.
- If both applicants are 18 years of age or older, no consents are required.
- Please note that effective July 20, 2017, a person under the age of seventeen (17) is prohibited to marry. Any person between the ages of seventeen (17) and eighteen (18) must have approval from legal guardians and written approval from a judge in the jurisdiction in which the application is obtained.
- For more information on obtaining a marriage license in New York State, please visit the
- New York State Department of Health website.
- Must present two forms of ID:School/Work ID
- All previous divorce papers.
- Fee $40.00
- Hours - 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Town of Union pdf Marriage License Information Sheet
- Save Time - complete and print the writable pdf Marriage License Application Worksheet before coming into the Clerk's Office
- Marriage ceremonies can be preformed in the Town Clerk's Office for a $50.00 fee.
- Marriage ceremonies outside the Town Clerk's Office for a $75.00 fee.
Drawing by Maine Endwell High School Art Department Student Taylen Burish. Thank you Taylen!!